Monday 4 May 2009

Angry VIdeogame Nerd

Been watchin this for a while now. My mate at uni introduced it to me like last year. Created by James D. Rolfe AKA the Angry Video Game Nerd AKA AVGN, the videos are basically reviews of really old NES titles, mostly from the late 70's and and 80's. Sometimes he does reviews of sega games too, but leaves out most of the recent stuff that arrived with the playstation and xbox. Most of the video reviews eventually disintergrate into the AVGN getting really pissed off and swearing profusely about how hard and unplayable most of these retro games are. This guys got a crazy imagination, cause some of his anger phrases are so explicit you can only laugh:

"I’d rather fuck a porcupine and shove a cactus up my ass. I’d rather slurp crap oozing out of a warthogs anus hole!"

"I want to nail Roger Rabbit to the fucking cross!"

"I'd rather fuckin' 69 a grizzly bear while shoving King Kong up my ass! I'd rather fuckin' stand in the middle of a ring of monkeys as they pelt me to death with their own anal waste!"

I actually think that the guys got turrets. His NES collection is pretty impressive though, actually its more than impressive. The guys got everything.



The guy started off making these videos and then poseting them on youtube, but then he got approached by MTV's gametrailers and now makes all his videos for their website. Its just real cool to get an insight into what games were like when i was too small to actually apreciate them. I think it would probably be alot more popular if it wasnt for the language and the sheer outrageousness of the AVGN.

The guys got his own website where he posts some of his other home made videos. Worth a watch too. The humour is pretty weird, so i would imagine that alot of you probably wont have seen anything like it.



I reckon the guy is an unsung internet legend.



A personal favourite.

No comments: