Sunday 10 August 2008

rk's current buns. #1

With my return, comes a new feature to the blog. Some of you may have been wating for this for a while as it was discussed even before the blog was created. Well here it is.
It is a section of k.i.c where I intend to confront topics both socially, politically and generally evident within our modern, consumerist societies and discuss personal views and feelings for them by using this blog as a vent and source of expression.
:)
The first blog needed to be a good one so here it goes.

The first blog.
"Who said the Olympics weren't political?!?"
As i noticed, wallabrad has done an effective post on the matter of Georgia and Russia and the increased violence between them. War is at hand. I do not intend to step on brad's points, however i felt it necessary to expand on it with some information i discovered today.
The two women Natalia Paderina (Russian) and Nino Salukvadze (Georgian) who both compete in the Olympics won silver and bronze today. Whilst on the podium, they embraced and showed their respect for each other infront of the world's media. I thought this was a crucial effort by the individuals of each country to try and cast a light of hope and balance in this time of turmoil. The newsreaders were going crazy(ish) and I'm sure it will be in some of tomorrow's papers. I think more indivduals of both Georgia and Russia need to step forward into democracy and express their feelings like these two women. This war could be more than just a brief skirmish between two countries and people need to realise that. I added this as my first 'current bun' because I thought it was an important matter and that people should be aware of what happened.

Also note the irony in the fact that the sport they were both competing in (and won 2nd and 3rd place!) was that of 10m air-pistol event.

I'll leave you to consider that...

rk.

No comments: