Saturday 11 October 2008

Clothes With Character

Theres been alot of talk lately about fades, rips and stains giving a piece of clothing 'character' or 'culture' so i thought i'd post my piece that i feel has the most character and think everyone should do one at some point.
My piece of clothing is a Grey Nike hoody, i brought this when i was about 15 and it cost me around £35. I chose this piece because it lasted me a good few years and has a number of scars left from its time in my wardrobe.

I used to wear this nearly every day out skating and it treated me extremely well through both summer and winter and went through many years of abuse. As it was used for skating the cuffs and pockets got ripped apart from griptape and falls, theres also many stains from various places and the zip has been crushed so it will no longer do up (i remember the exact fall that crushed the zip). As well as acompanying me on many skate sessions this hoody also came on many holidays with me so has actually travelled quite a distance
Im quite suprised that its in such good condition, Its no longer wearable other that for manual labour and other such activities but i cannot bare to throw it away

2 comments:

i am rk. said...

i like the idea ant. might see a post from me sometime..

ProphetNine said...

Good idea Ant, expect a post from yours truely.